ALL MY FAVORITE TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES. Use the search box above to find a particular recipe by a name or category or go to blog archive for a list of all recipes

Cheese Fondue


The original name of the recipe is Carnaby Street Cook-in...very 60's. This was one of the first things I ever cooked. We cooked it in Home Ec in High School. I made it a lot when we were first married, but Dad wasn't a big fan so I stopped making it. Dad and I once ordered cheese fondue in Switzerland...I hated it. It was full of white wine or something. I still love my little recipe the best.

1 can Cheddar cheese soup (undiluted)
6 oz or about 6 slices of Swiss cheese, cut in cubes or torn slces
1 medium clove garlic. minced or crushed (today I would use 1/2 ts of wet minced garlic.

French bread cubed.
In a saucepan combine all ingredients (Not the bread) Heat slowly till cheese melts.
This is good served with hot cider

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers